BLOGLOVIN'

Follow

Saturday 13 February 2016

Fabric Haul (s).... my stash just grew

I ve been busy adding to my fabric stash recently, I thought i d share some of it.  I m going to have to move house if I keep buying fabric at this rate!  A combination of Christmas gifts, new years sales as well as shopping trips have been a perfect combination!  here is what I acquired

Some Chambray from the Village Haberdashery that I plan to use more for trimmings or coordinating with other fabrics.


A Liberty corduroy... trousers or a dress I think?

2 grey jersey fabrics off ebay- they were cheap and I could'nt decide between them so I bought both... really happy with the quality given they were quite cheap!!


One is now already made up into a dress (New look pattern below) - you can see it on my Instagram


Oh and then we ve got the pile of Liberty my mum bought me for Christmas.   Here we go...

This is a rich teal colour with flowers on - I find it beautiful and it will become a summer dress, maybe the pattern below from Bootstrap



These 2 small patterned fabric I thinking of coordinating into one dress.  Will that work?   I m thinking pussybow blouse with an attached circle skirt

Next up a bold flower print which is going to be an Orla top


And then maybe my absolute favourite.  Its the Hiro fabric.  I ve wanted it for ages, I put it on my Christmas list and didn't get it but then the Village Haberdashery had their sale on so I bought it...  so happy I did.

I bought this burgundy Chambray to go with it.  The photo doesn't do it justice, its the perfect colour match.  The original plan was a top- but now I m thinking maybe a skirt or even a dress (although i d need to order more fabric for that)!😍

And the lovely Fabric Godmother had a sale... so yes, you guessed it - I couldn't resist a few more purchases :)  and of course some more Liberty, my all time weakness.

First up a Liberty wool fabric- this is just a stunner, I adore it. I ve found a dress pattern that I m going to try .💃

I m thinking of this:

And then.... I already bought this one in pink & love it so much I ordered the blue fabric in the sale. Its got a great feel to it & I m sure it is going to sew perfectly.  Not sure what it is destined to become - a top or summer dress I would suspect .


I thought I was done and then a business trip took me to NYC and somehow my feet took me to Mood. Cue more purchases 😮. I had to exercise severe self control to only leave with 4 fabrics.  Unintentionally there is a theme!! Everything I bought is double sided!! Check them out.

I got some stunning double sided wool for my first coat....


Next up a pretty cotton in white & navy, broiderie anglaise style - designer apparently.  I only bought 1yrd as it wasn't cheap so it will be a top that doesn't need too much fabric!!



Then some spotty denim for a new skirt- I think this is my next project.


And finally, yes I m stopping with this one, some pinkish/ burgundy denim for my first pair of trousers.  The fabric could be used either way I ve signed up for ultimate trousers at sewoverit so my fear of sewing trousers may be about to be conquered!!! 


Let the sewing commence....
Messyessymakes x

Join my on Instagram @messyessymakes




2 comments:

  1. That's one helluva haul! I like the Liberty corduroy. I've just made a jacket out of some very old Liberty home furnishing fabric - I think it's been in my stash for about 6 years! Sarah

    ReplyDelete